- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, and diced (recommend Golden Delicious or Braeburn)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons (Blonde) Coconut Sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2/3 cup fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup fat-free (plain) Greek yogurt
- 4 dates, no sugar added
- 1/2 cup walnut halves (about 18)
- 8 Mini Dessert Dishes, 3 - 4 ounces each
- Add diced apples, 1 teaspoon coconut sugar, salt, and cinnamon to a medium pot, cover, and cook on medium heat just until apples begin to boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until tender, approximately 30 minutes. Be careful not to turn into applesauce. Allow to cool to room temperature before adding to dessert dishes.
- While apples are cooking, in a medium mixing bowl add softened cream cheese, yogurt, and remaining coconut sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth and sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add dates to a food processor and pulse until finely diced. Add walnuts and continue to pulse just until a coarse crumb consistency and combined with dates.
- Evenly layer to each dessert dish, walnut mixture, cream cheese, and lastly cooked apples. Sprinkle any remaining walnut mixture over the top.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
8 servings Serving Size: 1 ramekin; Calories: 165; Total Fat: 6 g; Saturated Fat: 1 g; Trans Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 3 mg; Sodium: 24 mg; Carbohydrates: 26 g; Dietary Fiber: 4 g; Sugars: 20 g; Protein: 5 g